Thursday 23 May 2013


Aneesha Louise

I am a 24 year old student, currently finishing my degree in Applied Creative Design: Visual Arts at Harrogate College. I like to use a mixture of film photography, illustration, painting, print and collage in my work, as well as audio and video occasionally. I don't like to confine myself to one practice as I enjoy different processes and feel that each one has a unique quality that helps me to express myself to the best of my ability.


My final degree show takes the form of “Soul Food” – a mixed media collection that sees the use of words and images, combined with audio, working together to communicate on a more defined level. It takes inspiration from music, art, the beauty of the natural and occasionally artificial world, positive relationships, comforting memories and anything else that is food for the soul; it also explores the notion of soul food in relation to mental health and emphasizes the importance of it in times of life’s struggles.


Text and images copyright of Annesha Louise