Wednesday 20 February 2013

Dovilė Zubytė

My name is Dovile and I currently study photography at the University of Creative Arts. I do not imagine my life without photography and painting. I am young photographer who in her childhood had dreamed about the career of an astronaut. Perhaps, that is why I like being experimental in my work. I like shooting models who carry a fragility and mystery about them and enjoy using various lighting to produce the correct ambience photography. 


I often submit my work into competitions, recently I was named the Winner of the ImaginAIR 2012 photostory competition youth prize by European Environment Agency. The work I submitted for the ImaginAIR competition can be seen here: http://www.eea.europa.eu/highlights/europes-air-story-told-in-pictures

Images from a recent project

This project is one of my first where I have combined photography with fine art. Using the paintings of Brent Godfrey as inspiration for my colour ways, I found 4 different places and imagined what kind of person would be in that space. I then photographed each model in the space and using post-production introduced them to the paintings.

All images and text copyright of Dovilė Zubytė.