Tuesday 12 February 2013

Ellie Miller

My name’s Ellie and I am from West Wales, I have always loved living on the coast and miss seeing the sea on the horizon when I am away. I am in my final year studying BA (Hons) Photographic Art at the University of Wales, Newport. It has introduced me to many ways that Photography can influence and inspire, along with skills that I hope to carry on using in the future to develop my work.



I have a passion for fine art, conceptual and narrative photography. I also have a broad interest in art as a whole, with  it's past, present and future possibilities. I am in my element wandering round galleries and art fairs. After graduating I hope to become more involved with galleries and fairs on a professional level.



Another passion of mine is literature and writing. I often try to combine the written word in my images. I love the immersive power that both arts can have, and would love to publish my own work some day. 




Images taken from 'Sanctuary' project

Here I explore the idea of escaping reality through the use of stories and poetry. The books are placed splayed open, ready and waiting to be read by whomever should come across them. Often appearing to be floating these books become both a part of their surroundings and yet allude to something more. They are an open invitation for the readers to immerse themselves in a safe creative environment; encouraging the viewer to go on to create their own haven once they have walked away from the images.


All text and images copyright of Ellie Miller.