Monday 4 March 2013

Jasmine Farram

My name is Jasmine Farram, within my photography I look at home, nostalgia, self identity and memory. This is often explored through self portraiture. I use photography as a medium for creating art, often combining collage, digital and analogue work to create mix media pieces. 


Images from 'Mother'

These images are from an ongoing project titled 'Mother'. It explores the relationship i have with my mother and the feelings of separation i feel when looking at photographs from before my birth, looking at her past and yearning to know the person i see in the photographs, and coming to terms with the reality that i will never know that person; to conclude, that despite our bond my mother is also a stranger to me.


Text and images copyright of Jasmine Farram