Tuesday 26 March 2013

Tara Leigh McGowan

My name is Tara Leigh McGowan I am 22 years old and currently studying an MA in art and design. I was awarded with BA honors degree in contemporary art practices last year and decided to begin my MA last September. My artwork consists of photographic experimentation and collage. I thoroughly enjoy photography, working within the photo studio and the great outdoors. I am a contentious, determined and work extremely hard to fulfill my future goals.  I aspire to be a fantastic teacher; tutor, photographer and I am always looking for new experiences within the art world.  




My most recent project is based on photographic experimentation and collage. I am experimenting the limits of practice within the Gothic and I am discovering that the clichés of Gothic Horror can be one kind of engagement, kitsch for example, or the Uncanny, discomfort, cultural uneasiness, as a more subtle form of disturbance of the reality. I am currently enjoying experimenting with female models within the studio to create the images you are viewing today. 

All images and text copyright of Tara McGowan