Wednesday 10 April 2013

Sophie Abbott

I'm 19 year old photographer that specifies in fashion and editorial, currently working within the Huddersfield/Leeds area.
I'd say my work is influenced a lot from different aspects of life. The divide between my work, is the 'fine art,' meaningful and contextualised work that I feel strongly about ('m currently doing a project on femininity and masculinity within photography, which I am submitting as part of my [BA Hons] Photography degree) and what I think makes a striking image, which falls under my fashion work in previous years.
I'd like to say that my fashion work is bold and striking, and colourful, I do like colours in my work. My fine art work however, I'd class as controversial, I love artists like Cindy Sherman and Nicki S. Lee that really use photography to subvert conventions and stereotypes.




The images featured are a variety of fashion shoots that I have done over the 5 years I've been a photographer.
These works are some of my more editorial style shooting, and what I what I prefer when I'm not causing controversy with my other work!

www.snaphotography.4ormat.com

All images and text copyright of Sophie Abbot