Sunday 27 January 2013

Emily Nicolle Bailey

I am a fashion and beauty photographer currently based in Leeds. My experience in the creative industry spans five years, and I recently graduated from Leeds College of Art with a BA Honors in Photography.

When it comes to fashion I know what I like. I live it, read it, breathe it and it's so fortunate that I get to photograph it too! I currently work from my own studio space in Leeds where I am working on a variety of projects.

I have a very strong work ethic, and I wholly believe that collaboration is key in the creative industries. Working with new teams of creative minds is amazing. I like meeting new faces and creating images which reflect the personalities of the collaborative.
My goals for the near future are to continue to push my portfolio forwards and constantly learn new techniques. I also hope to show my work in more publications and develop my skills as a photographer.


Images from a recent beauty editorial shoot

These images came from a recent beauty editorial with Rina Deb, one of my favourite makeup artists to work with. We decided to plan a shoot to show off ‘The perfect eyeliner’ and chose to work with the model, Sophie Townend, as she had such a fresh and carefree look.

The shoot wasn't as meticulously planned as other shoots I have done with Rina but has produced some of my favourite black and white images featured in my portfolio. The reason I love these images so much is that they portray the importance of having a great team involved in a shoot.
 
This set of images was a challenge for me in terms of post-production and image selection. We needed one great shot per look, that pressure made me work even harder to ensure I got the pictures I needed. The post-production used was more experimental than my other work, choosing to frame and layer images is something I haven’t done before, but I am pleased with the outcome and it shows that I can continue to experiment with my work and learn new skills every shoot.


All images and text copyright of Emily Nicolle Bailey.