Tuesday 1 January 2013

Introductions

This is a little odd since I never thought we’d get this far and have actual submissions! So we’re going to start posting as of today. A perfect rainy day in Wales for sitting and blogging and drinking tea.


Enough waffle, let me introduce myself;I’m just about to graduate from the University of the Creative Arts (UCA) with a BA degree (here’s hoping) in Photography. I’ve spent the last five years concentrating on Photography and the last three I’ve been experimenting and finding my feet only to discover that I never want to settle on one subject, ever.


Along with photography I’m constantly watching films, listening to music and travelling unknown places which is where most of my inspiration comes from. I’ve always been into collections of images, moodboards, zines etc and wish to put together my own but showcasing others work.


So here we are. Thought we’d set off the blog with some of our own work so here’s a couple I recently submitted for a project based on feminine identity and stereotyping females in the media. 




An introduction from the 'other half' of Paula Roid is coming tomorrow!

Happy New Year from Paula Roid x